Wednesday, September 3, 2008

This Journey is a Marathon, not a Sprint!

On Monday I told you that I had lost 4 pounds, I weighed myself on a professional scale that we use at work. Today I was weighed by Connie and it showed that I was exactly the same weight as last week....WHAT??? I believe that both readings are corrent...it has to be the cashews. I can't believe I could let a little can of nuts cancel out my hard work this past week. grrr. It is a good lesson about paying attention to the small things. It makes me think of a cake analogy...a cake can look perfect, be all decorated, tempt everyone to dig in...but if the baker used salt instead of sugar...all is lost! I had a great week, I said "no" to many yummy things, stayed away from fast food, exercised, walked, drank water and had WAY too many cashews. But here the analogy ends. All is NOT lost! This journey is a marathon, not a sprint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Bev, it's Jeanette (I haven't created an account yet thus the anonymous entry here!). I just wanted you to know that I'm on this journey with you. Thanks to your blog, last night I resisted the very strong desire to get a bowl of ice cream....I thought if Bev can resist, so can I! Thank you and keep up the good work!