Saturday, September 13, 2008

Some Really Good Reasons...

I wish I could tell you that this week has been easy. Not easy! I have many thoughts about wanting to use food in my usual way...a kind of easy comfort. Milkshakes, french fries, chocolate, all the foods that are so easy and so comforting. I wonder why they are comforting...when I step back from them it is so clear that they are just food-how could they have so much power? Anyway, the good news is that for the most part I was able to talk myself out of these choices. This was even more impressive because I was out of town for three days. But because it was so difficult, I spent some time thinking about why it is important for me to win this health battle. there are many reasons, and frankly, the first reason is because I believe that God has asked me to treat my body with respect and to embrace a healthy attitude toward eating. I don't need any other reasons. But this week when it wasn't as easy to make good choices, I found that there are four little reasons (and more on the way...) that are very much in my mind....my four grandchildren! I want to have many years with them, and the years I have I want to be vibrant, healthy, and happy. What a good God who wants me to be obedient to him and the prize will be more healthy years with my favorite little people!

No comments: