Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Bracelet's Story


I have a bracelet that I love. I love the way it looks, the way it feels and the story that it tells! The bracelet is make of silver beads that come in hundreds of shapes and images. I discovered the beads at a little gift shop in Fresno and after I had fallen in love with them I learned that they are made in Europe by two companies (Pandora and Troll). Over a period of several months I chose beads that told the story of my life.
This is the Dala Horse, a symbol of Sweden. It represents my Father who was Swedish. My Dad had an orange wooden Dala Horse that he kept on his bookshelf.
This is the Letter B and it represents ME!

This is a butterfly bead that represents my Mom. She loved butterflies. She loved visiting a butterfly house at a park in Georgia. After she passed away, we scattered her ashes in that park by a beautiful chapel.

The suitcase bead represents the wonderful traveling that my family was so lucky to experience.The owl represents my families time in Athens Greece. The High School that we went to had the owl as our mascot.

This bead represents my faith. It is called faith, hope and love.


The Rose bead represents the good times in my marriage.

When my daughter, Colleen was little I called her "Angel." I called her this so often that sometimes people thought that was her name!





My son, Eric had the nic name of "Er Bear" or "Bear-Bear" or just good old "Bear."This little heart represents the love that I have experienced in my family, both my immediate and my extended family (parents, children, aunts, uncles, cousins)

The handshake bead represents all of the positive relationships in my life (collegues, friends, church friends, neighbors).

This bead is two geese, a mama and a papa. The mama is sitting on an egg. This represents my career...hang in there...my career has been nurturing, and the geese are a favorite of one of the professionals in my field that I really admire (Dr. Mel Levine)


The pineapple reminds me of a wonderful trip to Hawaii. The trip was a turning point for me in several important ways.

This dragon bead represents the insights that I have gained in the past 4 years. The dragon was part of an image that has meant a lot to me. It reminds me that all of my emotions are real and acceptable.

I wanted a bead that captured the idea of God's hands molding me...this is the bead I found. It kind of looks like a lump of clay that is being squished. The name that the artist gave this bead is "transformation." How cool is that?!

This bead was chosen to represent my future. Only God know!I have other beads...even several beads that I bought in Germany this summer, but these beads that represent me and my life all belong together. I guess that means that I have to start a new bracelet!

6 comments:

Levecks said...

Bev! I loved reading about your life, I think those bracelets are so great! great reminder that you can wear everyday.. very fashonable too ;) thanks for sharing! My favorite ones are the "B" and the "transformation" one.. so cool!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing with all of us.
I've enjoyed the pictures of your children and grandchildren.
Keep on keeping on!

Nancy Willey said...

Hi Bev -
I love your bracelet! I want to see it in person soon.

I've never blogged before, so am just going to jump in and do this! You know I love you and your family and am honored to be invited to join in.

Looking forward to the journey.

Love, Nancy W

Anonymous said...

Hi Beverly,
It was very special to read about your bracelet. I am so happy you have it...that you did what you did to make it and give it meaning. It is like many parts of an Ebenezer. I have done a few Ebenezers, too....visuals of transforming things God has done for me. Even wearing your bacelet can be a PRAISE to God.

Anonymous said...

this week God gave me a ring.
I am so glad you are my friend.
Dawn

Anonymous said...

wow grandma! you have a lot of charms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love
mailee

p.s. my email is maileejoybanman@gmail.com